With the size of our company today, it’s hard to believe that we got our start in a small blacksmith shop in Jefferson City, Missouri. To appreciate how far we’ve come, here’s a quick glance at our company’s storied history:
1948: Ben W. Finley, a former accountant for U.S. Roofing and Insulation, starts Missouri Builders & Home Service in an old blacksmith shop on Jefferson Street in Jefferson City. Missouri Builders & Home Service provides fiber glass insulation, siding and roofing services to clients in the Jefferson City area.
1956: Ben Finley asks one of his roofing suppliers, Tom Dalton, to join the company and manage the roofing and home improvement areas.
1961: Tom Dalton buys the roofing side of the company from Ben W. Finley.
1969: Tom Dalton buys the assets of N.P. Sims Sheet Metal Works, a local sheet metal shop specializing in guttering, spouting and furnace work.
1969: Missouri Builders Service moves to its current location on Route CC.
1971: Missouri Builders Service is incorporated, and formally named Missouri Builders Service, Inc.
1990: Tom Dalton sells Missouri Builders Service, Inc. to two brothers, Thomas F. Caspari and Raymond F. Caspari. The sale includes all of the equipment, property and warehouse space.
2009: Raymond F. Caspari sells his shares to longtime employees Tom M. Caspari, Dan Henley, Dave King and John Kinkade.